The protection of your privacy is of the utmost importance to us, so it goes without saying that we comply with the legal stipulations on data protection.Name and Contact Details of the Responsible Party
mrge Group GmbH
An der Alster 45
Represented by the Executive Board David Reed (CEO), Michael von Stern, Nils GrabbertData Protection Officer
Should you have any questions about our data protection measures, the processing of your data or the protection of your rights as a data subject, you can contact us and our data protection officer as follows:
External Data Protection Officer
represented by Prof. Dr. Christoph Bauer
Große Bleichen 21, 20354 Hamburg
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your information, please contact [email protected]
If you wish to communicate directly with our data protection officer (because you have a particularly sensitive matter for example), please contact them by post, as communication by e-mail could always have security gaps. Please state in your request that your concern relates to the company mrge Group GmbH.Personal Data
Personal data is all information about identified or identifiable person.
Please note that we differentiate between two main activities where we process personal data.
1. On our website: This includes processing activities on our website, applications of data subjects for jobs at our company and marketing activities for digidip GmbH.
2. For our services: This includes processing activities for our service in which we offer the option of automatically converting product links on the publisher's website into affiliate links within the framework of an Internet-based affiliate network.Personal Data we process due to activites on our website, applications and marketing activities
● Your contact details (company contact details, company name, company address, company e-mail address, company phone number),
● Your correspondence with us,
● Log files with information about your visit to our website,
● Online identifiers (such as cookie IDs, IP addresses, advertising IDs),
● Customer data (such as invoice data, user profiles, address, order history, payment data),
● Application information if you applicate for a job at our companyPersonal data we process due to our services
We differentiate the groups of data subjects as follows: Publishers, merchants and users.Publisher
Publishers are website operators who use our service by implementing the digidip code to activate the digidip service on their website. The control and ongoing use of the digidip account is carried out via a web-based portal, which is available via login in the browser.
mrge stores the following categories of personal data of publishers:
● Name and surname
● Address (street, house number, postcode, city, country)
● Web page(s)
● E-mail address(es)
● Login details
● Bank account(s)/Paypal
● Tax information (tax number, tax exemption)
● User data (see “User” below)
The customer profiles created are used in the course of complete customer support. These include: Information on the use of our services, information on technical or usage updates, support, master data updates, delivery of payout-relevant documents, document archiving and access to performance and analysis information. Merchants
Merchants are advertisers (or agencies or networks who represent merchants) who use the mrge technology to network with publishers who use our service. If desired, the control and use of the mrge merchant account takes place via a web-based portal, which is available via a login in the browser.
mrge stores the following categories of personal data of merchants:
● Name and surname
● Address (street, house number, postcode, city, country)
● Web page(s)
● E-mail address(es)
● Login data, if applicable
● Tax information (tax number)
The profiles created are used in the course of the complete partner support. These include: Information on the use of our services, information on technical or usage updates, support and master data updates. User of our affiliate services
are those Internet users who use the Publishers' websites.
mrge stores the following categories of personal data of users:
● Surfing behaviour (clicked links)
● Browser and browser version
● Operating system
● Screen size
● Device type
● Time of access
● Referrer (from which website the user came)
● Online shop used and, if applicable, order value
● Transaction ID
● IP address
General Information About Cookies
A cookie is a text file containing an identification number which, when the website is used, is transmitted to the user's computer together with the other data actually requested and stored there. The file is kept there for later access and serves to authenticate the user. Since cookies are only simple files and not executable programs, they do not pose any danger to the computer.
Cookies that are already active can be deleted at any time via the settings of your internet browser or other software programs. We may work together with advertising partners who help us to make our online offer more interesting for you. In this case, cookies from partner companies may also be stored on your hard drive when you visit our website (cookies from third parties). Session Cookies
Session cookies are used for the duration of a session and are automatically deleted when the executing browser is closed. They ensure, for example, that video and audio files can be played, that your user input is temporarily stored during the time of entry and thus the user-friendliness is improved. Persistent Cookies
Persistent cookies remain on your end device after closing the browser. These cookies can, for example, save your user preferences, such as language settings, and analyse user behaviour on our website. Storage duration of persistent cookies corresponds to the respective duration of the individual cookie. Afterwards they are automatically deleted.
If you want to change your cookie preference, please click here
.List of Cookies we use
Purpose of Processing
We process your data for the following purposes:
• For corresponding with you,
• For processing contracts with you,
• For advertising purposes such as the dispatch of our newsletter,
• On quality assurance and statistics,
• In order to provide our service,
• For your participation in our competitions,
• For your participation in our events,
• For your participation in our surveys,
• To consider your application,
• In order to improve our serviceLegal Basis
We base the processing of your data on the following legal bases:
• Your consent, if you have given us such consent (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a) GDPR),
• The initiation or execution of a contract with you (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b) GDPR),
• The fulfilment of legal obligations (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. c) GDPR),
• The implementation of our legitimate interests (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f) GDPR) Legitimate Interests
When processing your data, we pursue the following legitimate interests:
• The improvement of our offer,
• The protection of our systems against misuse,
• The production of statistics,
• Marketing purposes,
• The storage of our correspondence with you,
Requirement or Obligation to Provide Data
Unless this is expressly stated, the provision of your data is not required or obligatory.Storage Period
We store your data,
• if you have consented to the processing, at most until you revoke your consent;
• if we need the data for the execution of a contract, at most for as long as the contractual relationship with you exists;
• if we use the data on the basis of a legitimate interest, at most for as long as your interest in deletion or anonymisation does not outweigh the data;
• insofar as statutory storage obligations exist, until the end of the storage periods.Data Recipients
When processing your data, we work with the following service providers who have access to your data:Third Party Providers
We use the CleverReach service of CleverReach GmbH & Co KG, Schafjückenweg 2, 26180 Rastede, Germany for our newsletter distribution, analysis and management. This enables us to analyse the newsletter usage, e.g. the number of actually opened newsletters. Therefore, we process the following personal data from you: Name, email address, company, opening and click rates, IP address. To revoke your consent, you can unsubscribe from the newsletter using the link in the email.
For more information about the provider, please visit: https://www.cleverreach.com/de/datenschutz/Cloudflare
We use the Cloudflare service of Cloudflare Inc., 101 Townsend Street, San Francisco, California 94107, USA as a so-called CDN (Content Delivery Network). The integration takes place to secure our internet presence and to optimise loading times. IP addresses and the data of your browser are processed. Through this service online applications are distributed, accelerated and protected.
. LinkedIn Page
We operate a LinkedIn Page (“Business Services”) on LinkedIn, a service of LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company, Wilton Place, Dublin 2, Ireland (hereinafter “LinkedIn”).
We use our company page to contact and communicate with LinkedIn members and visitors, to provide information about our company and its products and services. If you contact us, we may view the information you have posted on LinkedIn as a LinkedIn member. If you share, like or comment on our content or if you mention our company profile on LinkedIn, we can also access to this information.
When a Member visits, follows or engages with the Page, LinkedIn processes personal data to provide Page Insights to us. It enables us to improve our marketing activities. LinkedIn will process data that was provided by the Member to LinkedIn, such as job function, country, industry, seniority, company size, and employment status data from a member’s profile. Additionally, LinkedIn will process information on how a member has interacted with our company page.
We have concluded an agreement with LinkedIn, the Page Insights Joint Controller Addendum (the “Addendum”). This user agreement is incorporated into the LinkedIn Pages Terms and sets out the responsibilities of LinkedIn and us with respect to the processing of Page Insights. The Page Insights Joint Controller Addendum is available here: https://legal.linkedin.com/pages-joint-controller-addendum
LinkedIn plugins are integrated on this website, a service of LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company, Wilton Place, Dublin 2, Ireland (hereinafter “LinkedIn”). You can recognize them by the LinkedIn logo (an overview of the plugins can be found here
If you visit a page of our website that contains such a plugin (e.g., share, follow company), LinkedIn receives information about the URL of both the site you came from and the one you go to and the time of your visit. LinkedIn also get information about your network and device (e.g., IP address, proxy server, operating system, web browser and add-ons, device identifier and features, cookie IDs and/or ISP, or your mobile carrier). If you are logged in to LinkedIn, LinkedIn can assign the visit to our website to your LinkedIn profile.
We use the Personio service of Personio GmbH, Rundfunkplatz 4, 80335 Munich, Germany for our application management. Therefore, we process your application data.
For more information about the provider, please visit: https://www.personio.de/datenschutz/Salesforce
We use the Salesforce service of Salesforce Inc., Salesforce Tower, 415 Mission Street, 3rd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105, USA as our customer relationship management system. Therefore, we process data from you such as name and surname, contact information, company information.
On our website we use the YouTube Social Media Plugins from of Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, 4 Barrow Street, Dublin, D04 E5W5, Irland („Google“). By visiting our website, a connection is established with the YouTube servers. We use the "extended data protection mode" provided by YouTube. According to YouTube, the information that you have visited our site with your IP address, for example, is only transmitted to YouTube when you interact with the plugin (e.g. click on an embedded video). If you are logged in to YouTube, YouTube can associate your visit to our website with your user account. If you interact with an embedded video, for example, this will be assigned to your profile by YouTube and stored. We have no influence on the scope and content of the data collected by YouTube.
For more information about the provider, please visit: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de
To prevent the assignment of the collected data to your profile, you must log out of your account.Piwik Pro
On our website we use the web analytics service Piwik PRO Analytics of Piwik PRO GmbH, Kurfürstendamm 21, 10719 Berlin. Therefore, we process your website your shortened IP address, geo-location data, data about your website usage (e.g time of visit, viewed pages, time spent on pages, etc.), device information (e.g. device ID, type of device, browser information, etc.). The cookies have a duration period of 13 months. For the revocation of your consent we refer to the setting options in the Consent Management Tool
For more information about the provider, please visit: https://piwikpro.de/datenschutz/
.Transfer to Third Countries
Data is being transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area. We only transfer personal data to third countries where the EU Commission has confirmed an adequate level of protection or where we can ensure the careful handling of personal data by means of contractual agreements or other suitable guarantees, such as certifications or proven compliance with international security standards.
• USA (Standard Contractual Clauses)Your Rights
As a data subject, you have the following rights:
• To request information about the processing of your data, as well as to receive a copy of your personal data. Among other things you may request information on the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data processed, the recipients of the data (if a transfer is made), the duration of the storage or the criteria for determining the duration;
• To receive personal data relating to you in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to transfer it to another person in charge;
• To correct your data. If your personal data is incomplete, you have the right to complete the data, taking into account the purposes of the processing;
• To have your data deleted or blocked;
• To have the processing restricted;
• To object to the processing of your data;
• To revoke your consent to the processing of your data for the future